Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Busy Hippy

I notarized my second document today. The first one was under the guidance of Earl, for a client of his, and I got it all wrong. He had to print out three more copies of the document so I could get it right. This one was for one of the lawyer’s clients in the firm that we share a floor with and went very smoothly, as if I knew what I was doing. It felt strange to be this young girl in a skirt I went to a party in last week, doing something official for these two gentlemen doing very grown-up business like things. And they relied on me to do it well. Good luck to them.

Yesterday and today have been *SURPRISE* actually busy. To the point where the note I have taped to my monitor that says “GO SLOWLY AND DOUBLE CHECK EVERYTHING TWICE” in big bold cap letters, actually is needed. Busy to the point where I couldn’t find one file and had to practice deep breathing. Busy to the point where I had to put someone on hold because someone else was calling. WOW. My boss is actually happy – clearly because we are picking up in activities. He high fived me today because the IRS approved something eight months after we asked them to, and sent us a letter about it. Eight months is great timing. An actual letter is great proof. A high five from your dry boss is pretty confusing. He also sent me this joke, which I now have hanging up in my cubicle: Subject of e-mail is “Regulations for ‘professional capacity’”, Body of e-mail is “ ‘Employee’ shall include any person suffered or permitted to work by an employer except any person employed in a bona fide executive, administrative, or professional capacity (as such terms are defined and delimited by regulations promulgated by the Council of the District of Columbia)”. Get it? It’s an ironic joke. Because the definition makes the purpose of the word moot. LOL!!!!!! OMG FUNNY@!!@!!L!L!L



On another note, there are a few things I forgot to mention about Hippy Fest 09. One of the greatest things I realized is that the woman who is putting on the National Yoga Challenge online, Dashama, was there. She is ridiculous. Muscles galore is what her real name should be. Also, I met our purple neighbors. Well, purple Uncle is what I call him (did I mention this already?) The man that seems to be the brother of the Purple Man, Dr. Amen. He was very very very nice and mentioned that I was the lady that never says Hi when I pass and I looked very serious with my headphones one. I guess both of those statements are quite true. Thirdly, I forgot to mention the preponderance of tie dye. And if I did not forget, it is worth re-uttering. Fourthly, Giles Gratz would have been quite at home.



I realized there were three types of people there – the hippy dippy type who were beautiful and did a lot of yoga and talked metaphysics. They were about half. The other two halves were made up of people who were kind of like this one woman who I will describe. She wears a lot of quilted jackets, and purple, and matches her entire outfit. Her earrings and necklace match, but are made to look like a horse’s head, or a cat, and she has the same animal on her purse. She has boring hair, and asks if you like “earth activities”, meaning activities and events that are tied to the earth, but could equally have been smoking pot. She gives classes in belly dancing and offers parties for the solstice. Her name may or may not be Judy. These women, along with many people who call to mind Erica Stratton, find solace in a group of people who are exceedingly accepting and loving, and who have the same fascination with the mystical, tarot cards, and energy crystals. The third type of people is the type that you would never guess would be there. They tend to be overweight, have too much hair in a West Virginia type of way, and wear denim shorts past their knees and socks with their sandals. They are clearly just beginning this raw food thing. I only saw one girl who desperately needed to eat some cookies, and man, she could have used the whole G.D. Keebler factory’s worth. Please direct further questions and/or comments to the administrative staff of the blog. Thank You.

ok so after finding these tie dye images for this post, I realized i really need to have a tie dye party. Who's in it with me? Anyone? Lots of colored die and old clothing and probably cheap champagne? I have rolling stones records....!!!

No comments: