Wednesday, September 30, 2009

30 Day Yoga Challenge Days 24-30

BLOGGER FAIL!!!
Okay, so I went to class last week, and that’s it. My excuses are lame, my time has completely allowed it, and honestly I think I’ve spent more time drinking wine in the past week than doing anything beneficial. While I am sorry about this, sometimes it needs to happen. I am not worried about my yoga practice, as I have in the past completed a 40 day challenge, and if anything this challenge has served to show just how ridiculously important yoga is to my life. I plan on making a personal commitment to my practice beginning today. Which is not a challenge, so I cannot fail at it, but it is a promise to myself. Which is what I need more than anything else.

Sometimes there are experiences that prove to re-emphasize the importance of something in your life, and these are precious. Two examples from yesterday: I spent a lot of time looking at the blog “sartorialist”, which is a design and fashion photo blog, because it is a beautiful site. The blogger takes photos of people and things he sees around his life that can serve as inspiration for the fashion world – it is basically a beautifully constructed catalogue without the unfortunate side effect of trying to sell clothes. My view of the world literally changed for a significant amount of time afterwards – on my way home, every detail was emphasized, every color more piquant, every shape original. This serves to prove how important beauty is, and the recognition of such, in my life. Secondly, I had a drink with a few friends after a grueling two hour drive through traffic, during which I had to hang up the phone with another friend because I was too grumpy from said traffic, and call and ask my boyfriend’s mother for directions, pretty much in tears. When I arrived I immediately felt how important these friends were, and left what felt like ten minutes later and which in fact was an hour and a half. Friends are important. They keep me up, they make me who I am, and I berate myself for any thought of a lack of faith in them and in their love for me. So – thanks guys. I heart you. Mucho.

I have projects to tell you about.
And lots of deep deep thoughts about love and the future – to continue this long interwub seminar about the unknown.

No comments: