Monday, September 14, 2009

30 Day Yoga Challenge, Days 12 and 13

Yoga:
Friday was a bust, unless of course you count the almost continuous flow of independent asanas I perform daily – forward bends for my back, shoulder openers against the wall, etc. I even do twists regularly, and hamstring openers while I watch TV.
Saturday I took a long walk along the Potomac with my Mom, and went to the gym for a while, and did a short set as a post-workout stretch afterwards.
Sunday I woke up and did a half hour practice to a yogatoday hour-long option (I stopped halfway through), and went on the best bridge run in Annapolis that I have ever done. I walked another two miles after that, to loosen up a bit, and noticed that my ankle was indeed sore, and my legs felt like lead from the moment I put on my running shoes. Alas, it is perhaps because I have been eating very little lately.

Detox:
Friday I cheated a bit and had a drink at dinner, with a huge salad I could only eat half of. Saturday I had apples for breakfast, and the rest of the salad for lunch, and a glorious plate of meatloaf and mashed potatoes for dinner that Mom made. I figure as long as I’m “making improvements”, as the help e-mails say, and I have no energy or money to seek out more appropriate food if my mother is making dinner right in front of me. Sunday I had apples again for breakfast, and bananas and cut veggies with an iced decaf soy city dock latte for lunch after the run. And a grilled cheese for dinner while I babysat. Compromises, people. I have yet to eat today as I have been on receptionist duty while a board meeting goes on behind me. I have apples and cinnamon-sugar soy nut butter waiting, and a smoothie, and the leftover pastries (yum).

Thank you all for your support. I have many thoughts on this yoga and food experiment that I wish to share, and many more thoughts in general that I do as well, but it seems that for the moment I only have the presence of mind to recount the happenings and not the thoughts as well. Though they will come I assure you, I hope you hang in with me 

No comments: