Tuesday, September 15, 2009

30 Day Yoga Challenge, Day 14

Wow!
My first cup of coffee in two weeks has left me jittery as a new bride, so it hasn’t helped at all that I’ve found the first Grad school program that makes me super excited and eager to go back to school. I won’t tell you much about it, as I have decided to heed the advice of the study Rory alluded to (talking about plans/ideas etc. makes you less likely to go through with them, because it subconsciously lets you off the hook), but it is a dual master’s program with American and the UN mandated University of Peace in Costa Rica. I would have to sign up for the GRE’s BY FRIDAY and take them at the end of THIS OCTOBER. I just spoke with the boy briefly about it, and there is so much more thinking about it to do. First of all, it is very hard to get into, clearly, and my grades aren’t up to snuff. However, I believe I have the references and capacity to write a good enough essay, and I’m inserting as much relevant volunteer experience as I can. (on that note, last night I was about to tell the riverkeepers I couldn’t make the volunteer event, since I need to catch up with all of you instead, but since I found this I see that it is actually very important for me to go. Also another great contact will be there so I think it rather vital – SORRY  ). My main worry has to do with the plans the boy and I have for Chile, which he is relevantly worried about as well. I found this program because I was searching for ways I could go spend time in South America without racking up a whole lot of personal loans for no reason, and I figured I might as well try fellowships or study opportunities. When I found this it made so much sense, and in my mind we are so close that I can use personal loans for living expenses that include traveling while I’m there, or just before I am there, or just after, as I can search for a job or research fellowship that will take me to Santiago. See – so much to think about! So much excitement! So much caffeine!

Yesterday’s yoga class was wonderful,. I have to say I did not want to go, but as soon as I was there I slipped into the mode. It was one of those classes that makes me realize how far I’ve come in my practice. I feel so great today that I realize again how much I need to be guided through asanas. The class last night had no back bends, or inversions, which was great in my mellow mood, but I am hoping for some hip openers and spinal reversals today.

The detox is over today, and last night all I wanted after class was some white wine and chips and guac, but decided to save those $12 for when you guys come. Which was a wise choice, and as the diva detox women say if you are craving salt then you need more vegetables. So I went home and made a salad, which I was not looking forward to, but it certainly did the trick and I was perfectly satisfied (as soon as I had my last hotdog with ketchup, that is). Today has been more apples with cashew butter for breakfast, and a giant green smoothie for lunch (and lets not forget the half of a chocolate croissant left over from yesterday, or the coffee this morning). Yoga class tonight, and more salad, and plans for lima bean hummus and a homemade baba ghanoush to round things out.

Seriously, I can’t believe how excited I am about this study opportunity. I feel like I can’t miss this opportunity. So much thinking! So much caffeine!!

1 comment:

audare said...

Yay! For studies! Yay excitement! Yay caffeine!! Keep us posted. You can tell us more, don't worry too much about the study. I think it's all about being aware of what you share and why you are sharing it. I'm holding a few dreams inside myself. Can't wait to see you sometime this weekend.