Friday, September 4, 2009

More about Raw

Here is a link to a blog that has posted a VIDEO from last weekend's Raw Food Fest: http://purejeevan.com/blog/

Also - I found it! Just the right detox diet for me:-) Today starts Day #1 of the 1st Five Days - a lead up into the real detox. What this entails is thinking about food, and daily cutting back on one element of food that the detox limits out - such as caffeine, meat, dairy, breads, and alcohol (oh and sugar too but that's a given). When these five days are over, a I will fast for until six PM on the first day of the detox, and then eat meals that are basically ginormous portions of salads and smoothies, for seven days. And that's it! The site I found it provides a menu, a shopping list, daily guidance, and a forum to connect you with other detoxers, and focuses highly on the cerebral portion of fasting - focusing on how you feel, what you associate with certain foods, breaking down cravings, and teaching you to acknowledge real hunger. I'm super excited. Not too long, not too much fasting, just right for me. I will keep you posted.

Here is the site: therawdivas.com/7daydetox

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Hmmm... but maybe don't start this until after the party??

Annelies said...

Negative - the paring down towards detox began TODAY. But note- i give up only one thing at a time. Today, it is caffeine. tomorrow i think meat. I wont' give up alcohol until sunday. when i'll really really want to give it up. so there!