Thursday, September 10, 2009

Detox Day 2

Well, the detox yesterday was actually pretty easy. Ridiculously so. I felt so good I actually thought about going to yoga, and decided even though I felt like I had enough energy to go for a run, I still hadn’t eaten anything in 22 hours and it was probably a bad idea. So I went to Mom’s, and the brother promptly dragged out every grumpy emotion because he also hadn’t eaten – but not by any choice other than laziness – and so was in a fighting mood. So Mom and I escaped to the grocery store, where we picked out a couple day’s worth of fruit and veggies, and she – the sneak – saved me from financial ruin and bought it. That’s right friends, not only do I have to borrow $ from her, she also buys my groceries. Because I’m that broke. Anyone know anyone who needs a tutor?

So we went back and I ate a gigantic melon. It was huge and super tasty and I was so full afterwords, and I went home and went to sleep. And promptly woke up at 2 am thinking it was 6, and went back to sleep only to wake up at 6 feeling so exhausted that I slept for another hour, and even then I thought I would never be able to get out of bed.

Until I did, of course, and I felt fine. I ate another melon at work, and have since only had mint tea, and I’ve been sipping on my green smoothie for about an hour. I’m not hungry, and I have noticed a disassociation with food smells and hunger. Normally I’ll walk by food and instantly think “o that’s nice, I want that” and as soon as I walk by I realize I don’t actually want it, but do recognize hunger. Now I walk by and think “o that’s nice”, and that’s it. No hunger. I have been drinking about six liters of water a day for a week or so, so I think that helps. But other than the ridiculous grogginess, I have had no side effects so far. Dinner tonight will be a salad of spinach, apples, beets, onion, basil, cucumber, tomato and lemon juice. I plan on going to yoga tonight, and going for a short run tomorrow after work.

This morning, in said grogginess, I had one of those unfortunate dressing incidents that leaves you sorry for yourself all day. The clothes I ended up with are quite sad – I look like a grandmother, with a teal cardigan that holds together with a half-broken brooch, and my plaid pants. I would take off the cardigan, but the oxford I picked out is cheap, filthy, and fits me poorly, so it’s even sadder. Also I get cold very very easily. Alas. I am off to knit sweaters.

PS Yesterday I successfully widdled away the blogs I follow to 51 - only half of what it was before!
Also, I am offloading most of my pictures from facebook, as the whole site is increasingly creeping me out.

No comments: