Monday, August 31, 2009

Scrap that, Plan again

Also, I ended up working at the sail loft for a few hours on Sunday, followed by babysitting, which is always good. Hannah-Bear has such a strong imagination and is so willing for everything, and this marked the first time Sam decided not to listen to me because he is 10 and isn’t listening to anyone anymore and it’s getting pretty horrible. SO he taunted me and I had to tell him he is no longer my friend, but a child that I babysit, which he said he didn’t care about but I know it’s hard for him to hear it. It won’t change his behavior at all though. Anyway, I am babysitting for them again this weekend, and a few weeks from now, so I’ll get to see them more.
This led to a mighty long day for me, and I must say I am just a little more than exhausted today. I had a cup of coffee for the first time all week, and it didn’t help. I have one of those really groggy headaches that I thought was due to dehydration but clearly isn’t and could potentially be the onset of a cold. The idea of which just hit me right now so I have to go take vitamins and drink tea.

Ok so I’m back, and vitamined up. Which brings me to my point about the detox and fitness etc. I am floundering. I cannot afford the diet I had planned on, or the lovely home-made spa ingredients (produce) that I had desired, so I am now really confused. I still feel like a cleansing is uber important, but I am also off track with running because of the ankle, and am quite frustrated with that.

New breakthrough: September is NATIONAL YOGA MONTH (you cannot imagine how happy I am with this). Here are resources for those of you who have been thinking about taking yoga (because I prod, and I claim it is the best health resource out there, and because it makes me so happy and you wonder how this works)
I have signed up for the National Yoga Challenge, 30 days of yoga (ironically, I had thought about doing this this morning, before I realized it was Yoga Month and a challenge existed): http://30dayyogachallenge.com/
The people who came up with National Yoga Month created this program where you can go to this website: http://www.yogamonth.org/ and get a week’s worth of free yoga. Now you have, seriously, NO EXCUSES. There is a wealth of yoga websites of videos you can do at home so you aren’t embarrassed (not that you would, but I know you use it as an excuse to not go to a class). Try yogatoday.com, yogadownload.com, and you’ll be set. My mom even offered to go to a class with me this week. SO THERE!

Anyway, so here are my thoughts that make these paragraphs into one thought:
I am scrapping the previous detox/fitness/spa plan. Here is the new one:
Fitness:
Yoga in the morning when I wake up (which is my favorite time because I am no longer sore when I move for the rest of the day, and it wakes you up, and its not scary like running).
Two yoga classes a week (after work, no problem)
Three runs during the week (after work, no problem, after a six mile run I will still be home and showered earlier than if I had gone to yoga ) (don’t worry the six mile runs are a long way off with this ankle!)
One long run on the weekend (I haven’t been able to do this because of my ankle, but I feel if I start doing shorter runs this week and am diligent about icing it, I can crank out a long hobble this Saturday at some point before the party).
Food:
Whatever I can afford. No joke. But limited: Vegan for the next two weeks, with one solid meal (lunch), two snacks (breakfast and afternoon) and a liquid dinner, providing enough time for a regular twelve hour detox over night. This will be high in fruits and raw vegetables, and not a real problem as I haven’t been wanting breakfast lately anyway. Example today: breakfast: banana with peanut butter, lunch: wrap of spinach tortilla with raw spinach, roasted red pepper hummus, corn, mung beans sautéed in onions and garlic, snack: raw red pepper and sunflower seeds, dinner: tomato soup I made this weekend, and the rest of the leeks I boiled in red wine on Friday.
Two confessions: when I got to babysitting after the raw food fest, I made myself a sandwich of freshly baked chicken, American cheese and yellow mustard on potato bread. I made a point to have as few nutrients as possible.
I have chicken breasts in the freezer that I am DYING to bread and bake, but I only want to bread it if I have flax and chia seeds and other weird foodie grains, and not just bread crumbs. SO I will wait until I can afford them, which will be much later.
Spa:
I will wait. I can’t do it right now, so I’ll have to do with being lazy as a relaxing agent. Stay alert for more updates on this promising new venture.

No comments: