Friday, August 28, 2009

Velvet Vinyasas

I walked out of yoga yesterday. Yup, that’s right, just picked up my mat twenty minutes into it and left. And almost cried on my way out.

It was just too fast – which is odd for me to say, because I love to power through vinyasas. Also, my ankle had swollen to perhaps three times its size and is still achy – it seems to be getting more consistently painful as the week goes on, as opposed to tender and sore. Perhaps I have been reading too much on the Ashtanga Primary Series, which I long to try in my room, taking my sweet time. I fantasize about waking up and doing the full series every morning and going throughout my day with that yoga buzz and tingle in my arms and a dull-free sacrum. So tonight I plan on going home, putting away the wardrobe I have lying on my bed that has been there all week (no joke), and going through the full primary series. And then I’ll do it again.

I just had a monetary freak out. They have happened less and less recently and no, not because I am earning more, but because I am letting go of the need to have control over EVERYTHING. Anyhoo, I applied to a bunch of tutoring jobs as well as, get this, an all-female car valet service. I checked out the website and it looks like it’s a bunch of college-age girls who do it, and that there are, true, events where you have to wear short shorts, but also a lot of regular parties that people just feel more comfortable with using young girls instead of creepy older Hispanics. http://www.velvetkeysvalet.com/ In my application I included my profile pic from facebook, and a pic of Lauren and I from a patio party a while ago where I’m wearing that little black skirt. I tried to find a decent bathing suit shot but, unfortunately, my modeling portfolio is a bit lacking at the moment. Hilarious, right? This is a bit more appropriate form of the plan from earlier of the year of cocktail waitress. Anyway, I thought getting paid and getting tips to drive around sweet cars sounds pretty great to me. I think I’m going to have to forgo a social life for a while guys, as I can’t afford groceries. Seriously.

3 comments:

Katrina said...

I love that picture of you and Lauren! They seriously will not be able to resist you.

Braines said...

I completely understand about the money thing. I'm seriously debating taking up babysitting.

One benefit of being the lone person inhabiting my queen size bed is that if I don't feel like putting away my clean clothing, I just sleep alongside it. Then, in the morning, just pluck clothing off the coverlet. Voila! Less effort, more wrinkles!

PS: Not knowing anything about your ankle, do you think maybe you broke it/ chipped a bone? It seems like it should have improved by now.

Lauren said...

annelies- i think you would make an AWESOME valet girl!