Friday, August 7, 2009

blog thoughts

Today I:
a) did not run
b) wrote two blog posts that were basically complaining and word-vomiting self-analysis psychobabble
c) deleted those posts
d) read five bajillion more food blogs and asked myself why I enjoyed reading about other people’s healthy food so much (answer: because I can’t afford it myself), and then realized I overindulged and don’t want to read another blog by someone just like myself again, Or at least until Sunday.


In my travels around the blogosphere (I love that word) I realized a few things, which I will put out for you also in list form:
- everything has already been done. I mean EVERYTHING
- there are seventy hundred thousand people JUST LIKE YOU in the world, and they all have the same interests, ambitions, and are probably thinking and writing out the exact same thoughts as you right now
- all the new female singer/songwriter/musicians are ALL REDHEADS. I mean, what’s up with this? Is the ole’ Irish poets gene come to wreak havoc on the indie scene?
A few observations:
- I aware that perhaps we all attract like minded-ness, but it seems that everyone in my generation right now has the exact same thoughts as me. I am a little frustrated with this, even though we all spent all of high school trying to fit in, once we grow up a little we realize you only make money if you are original or have a great publicist, and then we grow up some more and stop caring.
- so far I have encountered three types of blogs
1) the early-thirties set with young kids who spend their time photographing and writing optimistic and grateful posts to a rose/lilac/palegreen colored anthropologie-inspired blog
2) the twenty-something set with a degree and a passion in something has nothing to do with their degree, usually living with a dog or a boyfriend/fiancée and blogging about their food choices and runs with friends and trips to the other coast
3) the late twenty-something set living or traveling abroad that writes about culture shock, food, sites they see, and how it compares to home without actually ever really wanting to go home.
All have a few things in common: they like to use “z”’s a lot, they have a habit of changing vowels in the middle of words, they are often witty, all seem like I would like to be friends with them.

No comments: