Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A look at love, again

In an inevitable 180 from last week’s sentimentality, I had an interesting thought when looking at pictures of a friend’s wedding today. Well, she is not a friend I guess but a recent ex-girlfriend of a friend, a woman who aspire(d/s) to modeling and fine art brockerage, and who, apparently never smiles. Seeing these pictures and her pointed jab at conventional wedding choices (she wore a tank top and a long gray princess skirt, the kind I wore to my 8th grade graduation parties), I thought – I wonder if they did it for the insurance?

8/11/09 1:28 pm
I have poured you my secrets, so far, from a shaker
And we have watched them fall,
Like salt,
From a shared bed.
When do I know that you know it all,
But for when I wake up still holding your hand
With you watching the door
In defense of my heart?

No comments: