Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Warning

I have recently discovered that people read this thing. These are my thoughts:
(Really? Why?)
(Oh.. I’m sorry)
(Why do I write such SHIT if that’s true?)
(Nope! How could they?)
Etc.

Basically because I realized that I sound like, well, a superficial girl who is totally obsessed with her boyfriend.

Well, that’s true.
I write on here basically all that I think about in life. And all that I thought about in college (no wonder I didn’t do so well in seminar). And nothing else. Ever.

Even if that were true you would never know it because I write about real serious subjects in my paper journals – think about it – sometimes perchance I have a thought with substance! I write poetry! I find science a fantastic hobby! I …. Love my friends!

This, I guess, is just a byline warning you that if you are looking for my a full philosophical discourse on, say, the American Dream you won’t find that here.

OK so sometimes you will. But not often.

In other news – I found this article today: http://www.livingcraigslist.com/. It’s a blog about a dude who is living entirely off craigslist. He has $2500 and has a number of rules for his experiment that involve things like – not befriending anyone unless it was initiated electronically – not living with anyone he knew previously for more than a week in a new city – finding all jobs and activities on craigslist.

My first reaction was: Cool!. And the more I thought about it, the more my reaction became: SO WHAT? I DO THAT TOO!. Think about it: I’ve acquired my last two jobs, my last two places of residences, and a bunch of activities off craigslist. Now I’m selling my car on it too. However, we all know that I am a huge fan of life experiments and this is one I will convince myself in the moment that I will follow but probably won’t anyway.

No comments: