Monday, January 11, 2010

At this age already?

The sun shown pink on the white snowy lawns of my neighbors houses, the quiet that has permeated this winter remained. I stayed home today from the run to work I had planned because I have a penchant for falling (I am the universe’s practical joke) and hurting myself, and thought it best to go through a strength workout at home. The movement startled some weeks-dormant enzymes and I walked to the metro in a euphoric state of utter giddiness. Joy to the point of calling the boy to tell him I wanted to throw him a snowball. ...

I am having a difficult time writing about anything but deeply personal issues. A few days ago another schoolmate got engaged, and again I was upset. Not anger, just discontentment. And not for them, because they are wonderful together. I tried to figure out this upset and this is what it looked like:



Please forgive this basic online flowchart for a few flaws, namely, it is unorganized, the colors and sizes have no meaning, and it’s sloppy. Otherwise, you can see that basically I am in a tough spot. Patience is certainly not my greatest virtue. As my mom put it this weekend: I just want him around all the time.

In other news, I have decided I need to spend more time with my girlfriends. Because, well, I DO want to be around the boy all the time, and have been taking every opportunity. Which means I have been lagging in the girl-time, which is just as important. And what happens when I isolate myself from all my friends and I move with the boy and all I need is to get away from some testosterone for a little bit? I'd be screwed! Also, there will be plenty of time for his company.

However, it seems like, the only topic any of us girls has to talk about is marriage and weddings and engagements. WHICH DOESN'T HELP GET MY MIND OFF OF IT! I almost got sick in the car driving in to DC from nap-town today thinking about it. What about the rest of life? Isn't there cool shizzle going on that does NOT involve the word "forever"?

2 comments:

Braines said...

That flowchart is a work of beauty. And life is not forever, so nothing in life is forever, so everything cool in life is not forever. If that helps.

Annelies said...

Thanks Brie - and Thanks Rory for your thoughts too.

I JUST WISH I COULD THINK OF SOMETHING ELSE!

New task: channel all this nervous energy into running!

Also - talking about it helps. I'll do that tonight. Done. Thanks. You guys rock.