Monday, January 25, 2010

ADVENTURE

My friends
This weekend, my life took a turn for the AWESOME.
Let me explain.

First of all, if it was apparent in any way when I wrote last week, last weekend with the boy was tense. This weekend, however, I fell in love with him ALL OVER AGAIN. From the long walk on Friday and a drink at the bar, to the HUGE ADVENTURE (to be explained further) on Saturday, and the complete reinforcement of everything I love about him. Honestly, everything was perfect as soon as I pulled into his house MASSIVE ANXIOUS MESS and just the sight of him made me feel as if I had just spent a day at the spa.

Anyway, the adventure:
I decided that we needed one. And that it involved being outside of Maryland. So we thought that this past Sat. we would take a drive up to a Delaware beach and wander in the winter sand. Perfect.

So, in his bored internet musings, the boy found a deal in Milford that we had to go look at. 1975 BMW 2002 that needed restoring. A pair of them. They are now ours. Or, to be precise, his until I pay him the WHOPPING $900 for the manual clutch car. This is our new project. We will restore them together, rebuild the engine, and it will be awesome. Times a gazillion. And yes, I will blog about it – but at a different blog we have yet to set up. The boy is in Chicago for the week, so when he gets back we will bring the vehicles down and get to work. They are selling on the internet for thousands of dollars in their current condition, and once we finish they will be worth thousands more.

The best part, is that I get to learn about engines. Which, is awesome. I have always wanted to be able to know every inch of a car’s engine, and let me tell you, I will never again need a mechanic for this car. 

If you have any of the millions of possible questions about this situation, feel free to post it. Here is a picture of a restored 2002:

1 comment:

Clarke said...

Nice job - that's really great.