Monday, January 11, 2010

Running Update

So... running to work last week did not happen because it snowed. BUT I kept my clothes here so that I can run in on Wed. (I drove in from annapolis today, and will do the same tomorrow... as I am lucky enough to meet up with all the wonderful women that I worked with at lululemon tonight) and I am SUPER excited.

Saturday I ran to my mom's.. which is an 8 mile run. I had to go to the ATM, which added another mile, and the direction I meant to take had a long stretch with ZERO sidewalk, which added a 1-1 1/2 mile detour. The whole 10 1/2 - 11 mile run took 140 minutes, which is RIGHT in the time zone I am comfortable with. However, I am hoping that the more I run to work and have longer runs, the faster I will be and I will finish the 26.2 in under 5 hours. But whatevs--- as long as I can still walk later I win in my book.

This run this weekend was FANTASTIC! By the 9th mile I felt the blisters, but soon after I definitely hit the runner's high and seriously did not want to stop. That was the most fun I had by myself in .. well.. I have fun by myself a lot but... it was damn fun. I read somewhere that the middle 10 miles of the marathon are the easiest running you can ever do and now I see what that could potentially mean. That leaves about... 6-8 miles of torture at the end, but an hour or so of hard running is neither scary nor new.

No comments: