Thursday, January 14, 2010

Operation: Make Myself More Beautifuler

So, after several elements in my life have converged into one, I have made a grand decision. I am planning on fully utilizing all the great influences around me and becoming a better person – superficially. While I have spent a great deal of time in the past six years working towards a stronger and more accepting and solid inner self, I have not spent really much effort improving the exterior self since I worked at J.Crew.

L from Florida and S from Carolina, you have tipped the scales in this favor. Now, not only will I be showering with more frequency, washing my hair more than once a week, and using deodorant at all times (I know, right?!), I will also take other steps that will, indeed, impress you.

Now, in order to fully understand why I am undertaking Operation: Make Myself More Beautifuller, I will explain in loose and not-great-detail. First off, L has fantastic style, and every time she visits she inspires me to spend time finding quality pieces that fit well, which I do hold as an important tenet in one’s life. Therefore, I have been perusing e-bay (I am an e-bay master) and am finding great pieces. Now, I know it is impossible to see if anything fits well when you buy it online, but sometimes it is worth the chance (Ann Taylor coral cardigan for $6 after shipping – certainly!). I will also be convincing my roommate to attend thrift shops and TJMax with me to make sure other pieces fit well.

Second, S and L both spend a good deal of time finding the correct makeup. Which I never have. I also have a hard time with makeup because, well, I don’t really like myself with makeup on unless it’s a very special occasion. But it is growing on me, and I have not bought anything new in about five years, so it is time for some careful product research and purchasing.

Thirdly, I am running a marathon. Which means I am forced to increase my exercise, and am attempting to correspondingly decrease the few terrible things I eat so that by the time I run this damn thing, needless to say by, oh, crocquet or the summer, I will be lean and strong and pretty effing hot. That’s the goal anyway. My de-carbing roommate and I have already lost a few pounds this week, so if all goes well our goals just may be met!

Fourthly, I’m going to Paris for this marathon. Which means all of the above become ever more important with an impending trip to a style mecca with your photographer boyfriend. Also I am in desperate need of pretty underwear, another set of items I have not owned since high school.

So, as a roundup, I have already begun the journey to improve myself by:
Including great pieces in my wardrobe!
Exercise more, eat better!
Value the products I put on myself!
Find sexy underwear so I feel even less like a loaf!

Can you imagine me in a few months?! Nix that concept of the dirty hippy with baking-soda washed hair that smells and eats only leaves! Cue the well-groomed, styled and buff hippy who STILL eats only leaves (and wine)! Excited? I am!

1 comment:

Katrina said...

I hereby embark on this journey with thee.