Tuesday, January 19, 2010

January Again

So, I have not been updating as frequently - what is wrong, you ask?
Nothing really. I am just preferring to troll the interwubs for forest service jobs or lackey positions for arboretums in colorado than type out the NOTHING that I have to updated you on.

However, I do have one piece of news to forward on to your loyal ears: yesterday's long run.
It.
Was.
Long.

Fifteen miles of long. However, I started walking the last mile because my abs were stitching so I accomplished 14 miles in 3 hours. Which is a hell of an accomplishment that left me unable to walk until I sat for five minutes in a freezing bath (think of how miserable this sounds - its January, dinnertime, and I'm sitting in a freezing tub watching the beginning of a very gray german movie our friend B got me for my birthday. and a warm beer. which I couldn't pick up because I was too cold). Anyhoodle, one would think I would go right to sleep after? I felt like I did. Except I couldn't. Sleep. At all... weird. I think I had a much longer recovery time than I have experienced before and my heart rate would not slow down. Today, on the other hand, I feel file. I was more sore in my legs after the hamstring opening class I did with Johanna this weekend than after this run. Perhaps it was the WICKEDLY SLOW trotting pace I kept. Whatevs. I got to listen to THREE whole New Yorker Fiction podcasts before I went crazy. Also I tried carrying a water bottle (well... electrolyte-infused flavored water, which is all they had at the giant) and some carbohydrate infused fruit snacks that, not-so-weirdly, actually made a huge difference in my stamina.

Rest assured, that after I have a wonderful cocktail (or three) with my long-lost bud from elementary/middle school (so excited!) this evening, I will fall asleep. Quickly. After reading Cook's Illustrated and the Gulag Archipelago on the subway home.

In other news... my mother dropped off my car to get fixed at the body shop today! AND I listed the car on craigslist (I don't believe I will get any hits right now, but it is listed! And I put the exorbitant price up [$11,000] with an OBO to show that really - I dont' expect you to buy it for that much!) We shall see. I am TWO steps closer to being CARLESS and MONEYED!!!

No comments: