Friday, January 22, 2010

Today It is Raining

Friends
Yesterday I went home and had one of those moments of “okay, so the world SUCKS today because you are PMSing. CHANGE IT”. So I changed my room around. A lot. So the bed is still there and the side trunk but everything else is changed – as in, moved in to the closet. The goal was to get as little actual possessions in my sleeping space as possible. Unfortunately, this led to me waking up in that perfectly comfortable state where the very last thing you want to do is get up into the sleety rain. Also… I need new linens. FYI.

To assuade some of your worries about my “de-carbing” comment previously, I will explain. I know my nutrition! There is no way of getting around carbs without a full meat diet. What I intent to do is eat in a way that I have discovered is the healthiest for me – a way that is modeled (note modeled, not copied) after my little diabetic friend’s diet. What this means, is to eat protein with every carb, in such a way that is, if you were putting things on a point system, “cancelling out” the carbs because the protein helps burn it TO THE RIGHT PLACES. This means instead of not eating any bread, eating it with peanut butter. Instead of not eating any grains like oatmeal, eating it with a side of eggs. I put almond slivers on my fruit salad this morning.

No comments: