Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Yoga

I woke up this morning with super tight shins, and since it was cold and rainy I decided to take advantage of my mother’s treadmill… later in the day. However, I did not sloth in bed, instead I got up at 6 and did a nice set of yoga moves – I won’t say I actually had a practice, because I decided to watch a show I missed (because I went to bed early) on hulu while doing my asanas. GREAT BREAKTHROUGH though – I got up unassisted into pincha mayurasana/forearm stand for a full four seconds for the first time – this was without the wall, I say for emphasis. I looked kind of like this:




I AM SUPER HAPPY. I am getting ever closer to an unsupported handstand, and while my back has terribly lost its bendiness, and my hamstrings tightened to such a short distance its amazing I don’t tear them by walking up stairs, my strength training has clearly supported some of the other asanas I had little time to focus on before.

One step closer to teacher training!
And I know that doing a pose like this does not make me a better yogi, nor does it make me a potential better teacher, and I'm not supposed to be entirely focused on the asanas, but whatever. I'm pleased.

No comments: