Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Quick shift

While this is not a repeat of last week’s total hell, it’s not shaping up to be ideal either. The weekend was awesome and just what I needed. The week started out great – super productive day and a half, and then downhill it went!

Monday evening I came home, went grocery shopping, cooked (carrot soup, roasted potatoes, steamed veggies, and awesome turkey meatballs as well as prepared crepe mix for the morning), cleaned up my closet and made a huge mess of my room in the process, and photographed more clothes for e-bay. Tuesday morning I woke up early and worked out, and cleaned up the big mess in my room, as well as made crepe’s for the week’s breakfasts.

And that’s about it. Yesterday I got sidelined by the disorganization of the family I am currently babysitting for, and lost an hour and a half of time. While I cooked zucchini pancakes which were pretty tasty, they weren’t perfect, and I ended up staying awake to watch a movie with the roommate which was much needed and I don’t regret. However, the staying up caused a very tired me at 6 am that intended to go to work early so I could run, a training run I could NOT get out of doing because the marathon is in three weeks and I hadn’t run since my 17miler, which was a failed run in the first place. I got to work sniveling and coughing (allergies? Not sure – everyone I know who has allergies is MISERABLE, and while I had allergies in high school I have not been bothered with them since I started eating well and running in college), dehydrated since I left my water bottle at M’s, and convinced that the coffee I bought on Monday MUST be decaf. So I opted out of the run (FAIL) and got coffee at the bux and did a crossword and contemplated what I will talk about in my next post (stay tuned!).

So far today: I caught my finger in my chair, the copier became disconnected causing much frustration, the scanner keeps scanning a page wrong causing much frustration, I am still half asleep, and the people in the other office are annoying the living H out of me (the darling assistant, who really is super sweet, keeps pronouncing the word “Associates”, which is part of the firm’s name that she has to say about 300 times a day no joke as “Assoshiates” instead of pronouncing the C and it’s driving me nuts. The firm’s partner keeps NOT turning the kitchen light off and drinks enough diet coke to keep a small country on a sugar high, as well as plods around mimicking to a T a one former freshman year roommate. Not fun.) probably mostly because I’m tired.

Fortunately, It is eleven o’clock. The boss is leaving early to go to the gym so I will cut out early too and get in a run before I babysit. I have decided to set an alarm on my outlook that pops up every hour reminding me to take a break, whence I take a walk to the powder room and pump out one set of 20 pushups and 20 dips (yesterday) or 50 crunches on the bench (today) and the plan is to rotate days of focus, so daily I will do either 140 pushups and dips, or 350 crunches in a manageable way that actually helps me focus (right, like reading new yorker stories online needs focus). I think I just need more coffee.

No comments: