Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Mint Tea

I have not run since the half marathon, which I think is a good thing. I originally thought it was simply because of laziness, but having thought about it all day I think I have come to a quieter way of listening to myself and following my insight. The sidewalks have been covered in snow, and my hip is still sore. I am wholly unwilling to push an injury for an accomplishment I will have little trouble achieving. Yesterday I fought long and hard with myself, the pouting and selfish side being the one that wanted to go out and run, but I am simply not eating enough in the afternoons and by the time it is time for me to run I am so exhausted and famished that I have little energy to put my shoes on. However, I have been ensuring a great strength session or a long stretch/yoga in place of runs these past few days. I definately feel the difference.

While I have not run, I have instead 1) dyed my living room curtains kelly green 2) dyed my bedroom curtains a golden yellow and 3) stitched new buttons on my fancy coat so I can actually wear it and feel more beautifuller.

I have in my head an ideal grocery list that I cannot reach until this weekend, alas. However, more snow should happen. Maybe I will be taught to snowboard? Maybe the prize cars will be transplanted into the warmth of a new annapolis home and two very excited new owners? Wednesday is no day to be hoping for the weeekend!

No comments: