Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A few things I am honestly terribly afraid of:

Surfing (but GOD is it badass!!!) (This will change) - because I have been utterly terrified of getting caught in undertow since I was little and honestly had no concept of swimming

Keeping a 9-5 job until I retire - The hours don't suit my productivity well, and god.. how boring

Being boring - I told this to a teacher once and they immediately told me I wasn't. The image that I have is of an 80 year old with nothing exciting to tell their grandkids. Climbing a mountain would solve that issue.

Tidal Waves - i've had nightmares of them since I was 4. Probably related to the not-swimming-well thing. Also I was terrified of losing all my stuff.

Losing my family - this becomes more and more terrifying every day

Back surgery - this fear holds me back from many a run

Reaching forty without ever having seen Tierra Del Fuego, learned to surf, climbed a mountain, run a marathon, learned spanish, had children, lived in a place I loved terribly, gone on a long sailing trip, published a poem.... I could go on

My poetry - I am terrified of it. Of it being sub-par, of it being above-par, of it existing, and how much it turns myself into something entirely other

Never getting out of debt

Never leaving Maryland

Hurting my friends

Completely forgetting the guitar

Getting fat

Losing a husband or child- terribly, terribly afraid of it. Being widowed would kill me and losing a child would make me utterly mentally unstable.

Aspartame - It gives you the symptoms of Alzheimers. Need I say more?

No comments: