Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Revelations

While I expect to find cigars and piles of old used ashtrays in my silent-slash-old boss' empty office dedicated to the now dead Jordanian King Hussein, I did not expect to find this: rifle shot.

Secondly, I have discovered that Beds are my Enemy #1. Why, you say?
Because I love them. As a child my favorite activity was sleeping. True story. Not reading, or playing with friends, but sleeping (well - I was the poster for childhood depression, but still). Currently I have the worlds most amazing bed (well, it's right now in my old house but coming back to bethesda soon!). When in beds, I sleep. I have learned to sleep deeper since living with the Takoma Park noise, and no longer have any of the raging sleep issues that plagued me in my youth.

So, what's the problem with this, since apparently one of our nation's top health issues is not getting enough sleep? The problem, dear friends, is I hate to stop doing it. Which means that waking up early, when I am in my happiest and most productive state, becomes thoroughly difficult. Which means I work out less. And get less done. And am generally crankier.

This I have discovered since sleeping on the couch. Which is great sleep, don't get me wrong. But I have no desire to stay on the couch in the morning and continue sleeping. This is the same with sleeping in a tent, or in a hammock, or on a boat. Anywhere but in a proper bed. When upon waking up anywhere else, my eyes open, I spring up, and am annoying alert and chipper and productive. When sleeping on a proper mattress, I linger, I loaf about, I am reluctant to get moving. and I remain that way for the rest of the day.

So - what do I do about this? Never sleep in a bed ever again? Or at Least not during training seasons? THIS IS MAJOR PROBLEMS FOR ME PEOPLE!!!!!!!!

Also, I promise that as soon as I find my computer chords from my move I will upload more photos to this bad boy web log so that this can be more interesting than my inane rants.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

I love this bad boy.