Thursday, May 27, 2010

Insomnia

Three days now
Is it the heat? I think perhaps it is the impending move. I believe I get insomnia at most major changes - I cannot say for sure, though, because it is one of those psychosomatic events that I can convince myself of. Such as, perhaps I do not always get insomnia, but because I am so tired, and I have a history of convincing myself of things, I can say to myself "of course, I always get insomnia".

Am I worried? No.
Excited? yes! about what?: ALL OF IT!
Moving, tomorrow's party, the new puppy-that-turns-out-to-be-a-girl, possible sailing in the near future, next week's trip to connecticut, SUMMER!

Summer things I am excited about: growing things, sitting on the balcony with margaritas, enjoying air conditioning, sitting in the library, getting really really sweaty on purpose and then swimming in the creek (and ignoring how filthy it is), cold beers and simple food, barbecues, long dinners with friends, lots of time outside at night, parties!, trips, beaches!, walking the dog

etc.

No comments: