Monday, May 24, 2010

Great weekend

Soon I will extol for you the virtues of specific friends of mine, but for now I want to explain how fantastic this past week has been in my life.

Quick moral of the story: life is changing, and I am going to work with it.

First of all, my friend L from Florida came up to celebrate her birthday. How lucky I am that I have these beautiful women willing to put in so much effort to let me help them celebrate their birthdays! I cannot explain much of a gift this is to me that I can be with them. This visit, I threw a party, a joint Birthday party and Going Away party. I had a lot of fun. I have so many beautiful friends that make me happy – my brother and his friends showed up, my friends from St John’s, my boyfriend was there, and several others that made me giddy in their presence. We played kings, we drank, there was a pool that was very very cold. Thank you all for helping me love this apartment that I am leaving just a little bit more!

Second of all, my boyfriends’ family just got a new puppy. An 8 –week old as yet unnamed puppy that I have completely fallen in love with. Thoroughly. Joy! Super cool that I get to spend my weekends with this loving furball (I mean, the canine one, not my boyfriend ;-) )!

Third of all, this is my last week in the apartment. I work a few nights this week as a cook for a family, and the other nights I must move my large record collection and remaining clothes to my moms. I am growing more and more excited about this move – I am treating it as a giant lifestyle change.

I realized that, by making this move, I am making a thorough commitment to myself to continue with this Westerly adventure planned for the fall. And if I am making this commitment, I better commit to the rest of the elements necessary to make it as perfect as possible. Such as – get myself into shape, save all the money I can, learn some things.

Okay, so you may be saying “Annelies, aren’t these the exact same goals you always have, that you come back to this blog and report that you have not been committing yourself to them as much as you would like?”. My answer is: yes.

However, I have not made such a great commitment to this lifestyle I believe I am failing at living since paying for the marathon. I am spending this week coming up with specific habits I want to change and specific goals to enact upon my move to ensure the success of the change.

No comments: