Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Revelations

So I did some research - blogs and asking friends, you know, hard core academic research - about this depression I've been in and yeah.. it's totally normal. Apparently, all the positive chemicals and hormones that are released during my long runs STOP once I am no longer running long runs, such as, like, when I'm tapering. You know, similar to the past few weeks. So without these chemicals and hormones, my body thinks I'm depressed. SO I get angsty and annoying and people can't stand me and I get terribly unhappy. You know, like I have been the past few weeks, when, you know, I've been tapering.

Duh.

Note: They do not think to warn you about this in your training plans or blogs.
Second Note: Knowing this, makes it so much EFFING easier.
Third Note: WHy is it 91 degrees at the beginning of April? WHY???

Also, just a heads up for all you who will see me in the next few weeks that haven't in, like, forever - a few changes so you can't say I didn't warn you. I have a new tattoo. I dyed my hair dark red/brown. I lost half a dress size (that's debatable)in weight. Also, I am happy-looking. Because I am happy.

I leave tomorrow, so next blog post will be all about this:
Running a marathon
Paris in April
April in Paris
Eating in Paris
Seeing good old friends
Loving my boyfriend
Loving my boyfriend's birthday
The fact that literally 20% of my vacation will be spent INSIDE A GODDAMN PLANE
Being sore after a marathon
Drinking wine after a marathon
Drinking wine in Paris
Loving drinking wine with my boyfriend in Paris after a marathon
Get the drift?

No comments: