Monday, April 26, 2010

New Goal Questions

So, I have many options.
First, i thought I could try for a mid-june half mary and PR at sub 2:00 (the idea being that 7 weeks is enough time to cut my time down that low with my current running level)
Second, I realized there is the Baltimore Festival in October (Marine Corps is closed, BOO) which gives me MUCHO time for marathon training #2.
Third, I have a second job, which gives me LESS TIME to train. So, instead of combining options First AND Second, I could run the 1st 1/2 Mary for a base, and go for a BQ at the B-More 1/2, and wait for next year to do another Full.

Fourth, Tahoe has a 3 Mary WEEKEND around September. I'm thinking - a Triple Mary for 2011? That would push me into Ultra category, which is pretty cool, but doable? Maybe.

See, none of these goals really are that ridiculous, the question is just how DEDICATED I want to be with the whole 6-am 8-mile run thing.
I'm trying it out this week. I'll keep you updated.

No comments: