Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Running Update: Runner FAIL

Let me note that I have learned my lesson about the importance of consistency in any practice. Let me also reveal to you the result of a more-or-less accidental week off from my running plan: a terrible no good very bad run. And less motivation. Last week there were excuses galore for skipping the required run, and every day I got closer and closer, to the point where I wore my running gear around all day, to actually getting out there. Making the lack of the run that much greater of a fail.

Anyhoodle, I got back on the saddle/pavement Sat. for a sad 3 mile, and was gung ho about a morning Monday run, like I usually am, because Mondays are easiest because of the new start and all. But, Sunday night I slept terribly and every time I woke up my mind lingered on the great heat created by- and the deep weight of- and the pretty much necessary onslaught of – SHIN SPLINTS. So I decided to run in the evening, and I did, and I did some strength training, and I took yesterday off but for the yoga (so NOT the result of a bad day and a mom-induced happy hour, or the hour or two of chatting I did with the roommate, no definitely no, it was intentional). But this morning I got up and ran a great 3.5 miles and I think I’m tricking these buggers to go away! TAKE THAT inevitable evils!!!

On another note, I have been taking stock of my diet lately, and I just want to share with you how ridiculous I am. Here is what I have been eating for, oh, weeks now:
Breakfast: oatmeal with molasses, dried apricots, flax seeds, and brown sugar OR pumpkin flax seed muffin with a one-egg cheese omelet
Snack: green smoothie of banana, spinach, and cranberry juice
Lunch: leftover dinner, examples: turnips and lentils with a miso-tahini sauce plus brussel sprouts OR barbecue baked chicken and lots of braised kale
Snack: carrot and greek yogurt with pumpkin seeds
Snack: apple and peanut butter
Dinner: see above
Dessert: warm milk, natty bo, or applesauce.

This is bizarre to me. I feel like I am single handedly debunking my own need to be reckless by all this wake-up-and-run-and-yoga-and-eat-only-vitamins-and-sleep-and-read-and-make-things-and-not-television-unless-making-things person. What, am I, like, becoming who I WANT to be, or something? Negatory. Scratch that. Still aimless in life. Still kinda pretty much bored. Still pretty Effin selfish. Whatevs.

No comments: