Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Kombucha

This morning I was woken up by lightening flashing horizontally across the sky.

My first brew of kombucha was ready last night, so I pantsless went to the kitchen while my roommate was out on a run in the storm (wayyy too early for me) and opened the glass jar, lifting the culture from the top of the tea with a wooden spoon. I poured some into a glass and counted to ten. My thoughts rested on the possibility of contamination, the foul smell, the chances of all the harm I could do (which is, in fact, none) and took a sip. It was actually good! There was so much sugar I guess that the bitterness from the fermentation did almost nothing except stink it up. So, score! Free kombucha! It was a wonderful way to start the morning, actually, and I have as much energy as I would have if I had my coffee - with better health results! This makes one excited blogger :-)
So if you have any ideas for flavors, as it now tastes like sour sugared black tea, let me know and I will try it and give you some.

No comments: