Sunday, August 8, 2010

Dog Days

.. the dog days of summer traditionally refer to what I associate with late evenings on concrete porch steps, creating shapes out of fallen ginko leaves and eating popsicles with lemonade and listening to olsen twins on tape with grass stanes on my knees.

this weekend was kind of like that - long walks and brunches with the puppy, G&T's while measuring the boat for a later-than-now boat cover, miles-long walks across downtown that leave us with sunburned noses loud enough for the neighbors to comment, and legs so mosquito bitten we choose to wear sweat pants to lounge outside.


august is hear my friends, and it is time to make plans for our future year. As for me - I know where I will find my A+ and it comes in the form of ingenious Great American Road Trip planning. The map is in place. The vehicle is being secured. The memories, if any bolder than life right now, are immaculate.

No comments: