Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My good friend Science

I love science.
I love it. Science is like an old friend that was always better at sports than you, always had the coolest stuff, and was always beautiful, but who never knew it and loved you because you made it laugh. Science is this friend that you admire purely, without even a hint of jealousy and only gratitude at your friendship.
That is why I dragged the boy out of bed at 1 am last night to see the Leonid Meteor Shower. All the blogs said that was the best time. I was SUPER stoked to stand out in the warm-for-November night and see millions of particles of dust creating fire in a way that called to mind Lion King references and total awe. But, alas, I read the blogs today and they said it was unseeable from North America. I could have told them that. All we saw were normal stars. Millions of normal stars. Nothing moving in our peripheral vision. SCREW YOU SCIENCE.
No, I don’t mean that. I still love you, my dear friend.

On another note, Guess who is the super lucky one this week? That’s right, it would be me. This weekend we went to clean out Danny’s house of valuables and old memories, and I walked away with four and a half milk crates of old records. Beatles. Rolling Stones. Cream. Bob Dylan. Think of what sounds awesome on vinyl, and it’s there. Tonight will be a party with me and myself. Some food will be cooked, some vodka distilled (maybe) (or maybe some wine) and records played. I must go through them all to see if any of them are not ruined from the heat. I doubt it. I am both terribly worried at that thought, and pretty sure it must be true. Again, it is science’s fault.

No comments: