Saturday, September 11, 2010

Entering this century

I have recently entered the 21st century - and by recently I mean today.

Let me explain. I have been using for the past six years the same apple powerbook, which I am terribly attached to. The thing is like an old dog - slow and loyal and been with me through it all. However it is an old dog with alzhiemer's. It has started to delete its own files and the memory size - I kid you not - is the same size as my ipod. Along with this old retriever my telephone is a four year old, much dropped, no longer produced machine whose power charger stopped working this morning. My plan was to upgrade the phone when my contract expired - in three weeks. NO WAY am I paying $30 for a charger for an old phone I no longer want.

Lately I have been making some side money freelance writing. I do this while I am at work and there is nothing left to do, so its all been pretty entertaining. However I cannot type documents on my ancient apple.

So I find myself right now sitting in front of the naptown whole foods, typing this post on a brand new tiny internet machine netbook, with a brand new tiny smart phone with the label "palm" and a touch screen that acts like an iphone sitting next to me. I can receive picture messages! I can write documents on a computer! I can sit and use the computer for more than ten minutes without recharging! I can interact with people as if its - dear lord - two thousand and ten years after the new era!

ZZZZomg right?

On another note - i'm out of shape. getting back into it's a bitch. gotta love those tight zippers on new identities!

No comments: